You may not be able to articulate why all the parts blend in perfect harmony. But you know it when you see it.
We’re talking about a beautiful smile. At Hales Parker Dentistry, beautiful smiles are our specialty.
We provide tooth implants and other cosmetic dental procedures for complete smile makeovers.
You may be surprised at how many details Dr. Hales must consider when planning for a smile transformation.
Here are a few of the most obvious elements:
- Tooth Color: shade, brightness, uniformity
- Tooth alignment: straight or crooked?
- Tooth size and proportions: are some teeth much larger or smaller than the rest?
- Tooth spacing: is there crowding or big gaps between teeth?
- Gumline margins: how much gum shows when you smile?
Here are some other considerations that may be less familiar to the layperson:
- The portions of the teeth that are visible when the mouth is at rest
- The relationship of the smile line and the lip line
- Zenith points: the highest point of the gumline in relation to the center of the tooth
- Midline placement: the smile should be centered in the middle of the lips, mouth, and face
- Mesial inclination: the tops of the teeth should angle slightly away from the midline
If essential design principles are not complied with, the smile may look ‘off’. Or it could influence the function of the teeth and jaw. For example, a cosmetic dental smile makeover carried out by an inexperienced cosmetic dentist could change the patient’s bite and put unnecessary stress on the restorations.
Do not elect a dental implant dentist by procedure cost alone. If you are contemplating a single tooth implant or total mouth restoration, call Hales Parker Dentistry today to schedule a dental implant consultation.
Contact Hales Parker Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):