This message from Hales Parker Dentistry in Ladera Ranch focuses on a very serious issue: oral cancer. Oral cancer claims tens of thousands of lives each year, which is why we offer oral cancer screenings at each checkup. Early detection can make all the difference!
At home, you can pay attention for any of the following:
- A lump or thickening in your throat
- White or red patches on your tongue, tonsils, or lining of your cheeks and gums
- Numbness of any oral feature
- Any type of lesion, cut, or canker-type sore that doesn’t heal within 14 days
- If you notice anything unusual, be sure to tell us or your doctor.
We perform basic screenings. If we notice anything suspicious, there is no immediate cause for alarm. We won’t know right away if we’re looking at is cancerous, but will probably refer you for additional testing.
Early detection through an oral cancer screening at Hales Parker Dentistry in Ladera Ranch can make all the difference, and only takes a few minutes. People from Mission Viejo, Las Sorres, and San Juan Capistrano also come to our practice for complete general and family dentistry. Call to schedule your next checkup today!
Contact Hales Parker Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):