The powerful, precise, highly-concentrated beam of light originally known as Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (LASER) is so common that the acronym Ahas now been relegated to lower case.
Lasers are used in everything from printing to barcode scanners. They have increased efficiency and advanced technology in numerous industries such as communications, manufacturing, and practically every branch of science. Today’s post focuses on how lasers have influenced dentistry.
Advanced Laser Dentistry in Ladera Ranch
Lasers are now used in many technologically-advanced California dental practices for a broad range of procedures. Lasers allow dentists to be extremely precise when working on both tooth and gum tissue. There are many uses to Lasers in Dentistry, such as:
- Removing decay while preserving more intact tooth material
- Firmly attaching bonding material to a tooth
- Removing oral lesions or obtaining tissue for biopsies
- Reshaping receded gums
- Eliminating bacteria while performing root canals
- Increasing the effectiveness of tooth whitening agents
There are also several dental health benefits for patients who decide on Laser Dentistry in Ladera Ranch, such as:
- Fewer stitches – some surgical procedures require no sutures when a laser is used
- Faster healing
- Lower risk of infection
- Decreased damage to surrounding tissue/bone
- Less pain – eliminates the need for anesthesia in many procedures
Scheduling an Appointment
Lincoln Parker, DMD, employs advanced dental technology with seasoned experience to serve our valued patients. At Parker Dentistry, we believe that every man, woman, and child deserves a beautiful smile and a lifetime of oral health. For questions about laser dentistry in Ladera ranch, call us at 949-429-0049 today to schedule a consultation at Parker Dentistry. We also offer services such as cosmetic dentistry, dental implants, and sedation dentistry. Our friendly staff looks forward to hearing from you.