At Hales Parker Dentistry in Ladera Ranch, we can answer your questions about improving your smile.
- Do you have a missing tooth?
- Are you considering the types of tooth restorations available?
- Does a dental bridge seem to make the most sense financially?
If you have a missing tooth and want to restore that gap in your mouth, you should examine the differences between a dental bridge and a dental implant.
Dental bridges have replaced teeth for generations of people. However, they are a 3-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem. The teeth next to the missing tooth must be prepped and crowned to hold the replacement (floating) tooth.
Why does a dental implant have key advantages over a dental bridge?
- 1-tooth solution to a 1-tooth problem.
- Usually stronger.
- Lessen the risk of bone recession (as compared to a bridge) because it replaces the tooth root.
- Easier to keep clean which results in a lower risk of decay.
- Lasts longer.
- Eventually, could support a denture or partial denture.
If you need to replace a tooth, talk to us about all of your treatment options. If you select a dental implant, it will probably be less pricey in the long run and will certainly feel better.
At Hales Parker Dentistry in Ladera Ranch we can help you decide how best to improve your smile. Our services include general and family dentistry, as well as sedation dentistry, Invisalign Clear Braces/Six Month Smiles, and TMJ/headache treatment. Schedule your next appointment with us today.
Contact Hales Parker Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):